Good Earth Village has an exciting opportunity to join the year-round ministry team as the Program Manager. Located at the edge of bluff country in Southeast Minnesota, Good Earth Village offers year-round outdoor ministry experiences for all ages, serving congregations of the Southeastern Minnesota Synod of the ELCA and neighboring communities.
Position: Program Manager
Role: To further the mission of Good Earth Village by providing outstanding ministry experiences at Good Earth Village through exceptional leadership, innovative program development, and a fostering of community through relational ministry and creation stewardship.
Our Mission: To explore God in creation, grow faith in community, and engage the world as followers of Christ.
Responsible to: The Program Manager is currently responsible to the Executive Director.
- Program creation, development, and leadership for summer camp seasons and year-round programs.
- Evaluate summer and non-summer programs; uphold American Camp Association standards in all program operations; assist with ACA accreditation process.
- Recruit, train, coordinate, evaluate, and support program staff and volunteers.
- Supervision of summer staff and retreat staff.
- Develop and implement annual themes and curriculum for year-round programs.
- Program creation, development, leadership, and facilitation of outreach programs serving regional congregations and groups.
- Create, develop, and facilitate service trips and day camp programs.
- Provide exceptional hospitality towards retreat guests and visitors including retreat hosting and assistance with special events and fundraising opportunities.
- Assist in annual budget development and in management of assigned budgets.
- Develop marketing and communication as it relates to program promotion including social media venues, direct mailings, and website materials.
- Visit congregations and groups to promote Good Earth Village and build relationships.
- Attend various conferences, retreats, and other Outdoor Ministry opportunities for the purpose of training and growth.
Previous Experience/Mandatory Practices/Essential Qualifications:
- Sound understanding of Lutheran theology; supportive of the philosophy and mission of Good Earth Village.
- At least 21 years of age; college degree required.
- At least 3 seasons of previous summer camp management experience as part of year-round staff.
- Proven ability to lead individuals and small and large groups.
- Ability to exercise responsible and independent judgment.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative thinker with dedication to personal and professional growth.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Willingness to work with flexibility as part of a team in a creative atmosphere.
- Physical stamina, emotional stability, positive outlook, and a servant attitude.
- Hold a valid driver’s license and possess a safe driving record.
Compensation Package: Salaried exempt position; vacation, paid holidays, and sick leave; health, dental, retirement package; on-site housing available; remote work days; vehicle provided for camp travel; meals when available.
This is a year-round position based out of Spring Valley, Minnesota.
Expectations are approximately 30-40 hours per week during non-summer months. During the summer season, May–August, a work week is six days per week, 60+ hours per week.
Please send a resume and cover letter to:
Good Earth Village
Good Earth Village Executive Director, or mail to 25303 Old Town Drive
Dianna Parks at email@example.com Spring Valley, MN 55975
Anticipated position start date is December 1st, 2017 (negotiable).
PROGRAM ASSISTANT AND HOSPITALITY MANAGER
The year-round team at Good Earth Village has a special opening. This role will serve as the primary contact for hospitality guests to plan, coordinate, implement, and follow-up all aspects of their experience. He or she will also provide support and lead development for programmed retreats. This position will work frequent evenings and weekends to provide excellent customer service to program and hosted guests. Demonstrated flexibility will be an essential quality for the best fit within the outdoor ministry model. or equivalent experience.
For more information visit Program Assistant and Hospitality Manager job posting.
Our Summer Staff have a huge impact in the faith lives of young people. Join the team of over thirty college-age Christian Leaders, for a challenging and rewarding experience that is bound to change you. Summer begins with two weeks of staff training which prepare you for ten weeks with cabin groups and day camps. We welcome staff from diverse backgrounds and faith journeys to share work together in this unequaled bonding experience.
Summer Kitchen Staff